The Baseball Guru Archives
[Previous entry: "Mexican Pacific League News : Game Results"] [Main Index] [Next entry: "Nicaraguan All-Star Game; Standings and Leaders"]
12/05/2005 Archived Entry: "Mexican Pacific League News : Game Results"
By Carlos Fragoso
Navojoa 4 Obregon 1 Vinny Gonzalez 6 – 3 Carlos Elizalde 2 - 2
Hermosillo 8 Mochis 2 Jonathan Castellanos 4 -3 Salvador Robles 1 -1
Mexicali 3 Guasave 2 Claudio Moreno 4 – 2 Edgar Leyva 2 -2
Guasave 4 Mexicali 1 Luis Carlos Rivera 3 – 5 Isidro Marquez 1 -2
Culiacán 4 Mazatlan 0 Nate Bland 1 – 1 Francisco Campos 3 -3
Mazatlán 7 Culiacan 0 Pablo Ortega 4 – 4 Oliver Perez 0 -1
Navojoa Mayos repeated the losing dosage to Yaquis to stamped their third lost series in a row, by winning 4 – 1 with Vinny Gonzalez on the mound off loser Carlos Elizalde.
They based their victory on an RBI single by Obregon native, Jose Manuel Espinoza in the 3rd inningn and come back with a couple more in the 4th, where Sergio Contreras`s fielders choice and then Holbert singled home the other.
Scott Chiasson worked the 9th to pick up his leading 13th save , tying Dale Thayer.
Hermosillo displayed an 8th inning 5 run attack to defeat Mochis 8-2 and take series on their side, counting on good pitching performance by winner Jonathan Castellanos, who went 5 solid innings allowing 9 scattered hits . but only one run.
Jorge Luis valle 6th of the winter, and Juan Carlos Cnizalez who went 4-3 with 2 ribbies provided much of the support for Naranjeros.
CHRISTIAN QUINTERO reached 35 and counting , going 5 - 2 in the game
Mexicali and Guasave split victories wiining Aguilas the first game of the DH, 3 -2 with Claudio Moreno off Edgar Leyva, and Cottoneers getting the second game 4 -1 with Luis Carlos Rivera off Sid Marquez.
Jonny Gomes hit his second of the season for Mexicali as part of Mexciali offense., Demond Smith hi this 6th for Guasave off reliever and saver David Cardenas (5)
In second game , an error by pitcher Sid Marquez followed by rbi singles by Armando Rios and Demond Smith beat Mexicali,
Culiacan and Mazatlan split victories both shutouts, 4-0 and 7-0 respectively, winning Tomateros the first game by scoring 3 runs in the opener where, Ruben Rivera 13th of the season with 2 on, where all that Culiacan needed to beat Venados.
As for the second game, Pablo Ortega, went the distance ( 7 inn.) and Ray Sadler 2 home runs, plus another by Adrian Gonzalez ( 7) off big leaguer Oliver Perez led Venados to beat Culiacan 7 -0.
MEX PAC NOTES
• Culiacán might be releasing 3B Ray Martinez soon because his poor performance with, Martinez has a. .199 BA but he has committed 12 errors to lead all third basemen, however Jorge Vazquez who is recovering from kidney problems, has been feeling not well lately. Could be their new 3B..They are also trying to convince Rodrigo Lopez to pitch some innings and boost their chances to make it through the play offs.
• Francisco Campos will try to make it to MLB when this next spring training , Pittsburgh Pirates has promised him to take a look on him, but also Phillies , Florida and Cincinnatti has expressed their interest on him as well.
• Obregon Yaquis kept on shaking the tree, by releasing the front office manager, Bobby Diaz yesterday, in attempt to high up the low team`s moral, that someone says he was the cause for it.
Diaz interferes too much on the dogout with managers and players, and there are rumors of Bundy being up to the top of his head because of that, let`s let time tell us if the situation were right or wrong.
• Jesse Gutierrez becomes the 25th player to hit 3 home runs in one game, last night against Obregon and playing for Navojoa, earlier in the season Luis Cruz of Navojoa and Ben Francisco of Culiacan did the trick.
A product of Saint Mary`s University in Texas, was a 20th draft choice by Cincinnatti in 2001 and has never played higher than AA ball.
• Doug Devore hit a monster shot last night off Mayos pitching, clearing all three right field fences surrounding Obregon`s Tomas Oroz Stadium, a plus 450 feet shot.
• Marco Antonio Vazquez the Diablos winningest manager ( 779 – 507 ), was announced as the team new manager for the LMB upcoming season.
He last skipped the Diablos back in 1999 and was practically retired form baseball, last year Tijuana tried to hire him up, but he decided to manage Caborca on the North of Sonora rookie league, where he lost championship
series against Magdalena.
Replies: 2 comments
He returned back to the states
Posted by Carlos Fragoso @ 12/05/2005 10:36 PM EST
Did Mark Nussbeck, RHP for Obregon, go back to the states or is he still playing?
Posted by H Hartman @ 12/05/2005 09:57 PM EST